These are by far the best black bean burgers you have ever had. I know it’s a hard thing to get used to in the beginning, but you can do it! For those of you who are trying to avoid processed foods and are trying to eat on the cheap, this is for YOU! This recipe is simple, cheap, and yummy.
The reason I try to avoid processed food is because of all the stuff in there, I just want to food! I don’t need a lot of extra preservatives and flavors; I can add flavor myself. I know it is delicious, but when you want one of those Impossible® Burgers, don’t. It might taste like meat, but it won’t help you switch over. I tried it and it just made it harder. The reason why switching is so hard is that processed food is FULL of salt, sugar, and flavorings, so when we switch to food that is not processed it tastes bland. It takes time to get over that, and I promise you will, but in the meantime, you are becoming healthier. It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen!
Let’s get on to this recipe.
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans (no salt added if you can)
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- ¼ cup of minced onions (or as much as you like)
- 1/3 cup of instant oats (can use old fashioned)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with oil or lay down parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together. Take time to mash half of the black beans to create a lumpy mash.
- Divide into 4 parts and smash into round patty like shapes
- Lay on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip them over and then bake for another 5 minutes.
- During this time get some buns out and cut up any other garnishes you’d like. (I recommend Vegan Cheddar Cheese, Vegan Mayo, more onions, tomatoes, spinach or lettuce, potato chips, french fries, and Jalapenos if you like.)
- Slap them on a bun and enjoy!
I hope you guys love these! I know my husband and I do. These are easy to have a different burger every time. Happy adventures!